Unblock an SBI debit Card Online, Activate a Blocked State Bank of India ATM Card. Unblock SBI Debit Card Number.
State Bank of India (SBI) is one of the most popular banks in India, with millions of customers relying on its services every day. One of the most common issues that SBI customers face is the blockage of their debit cards. This can happen due to a variety of reasons, such as entering the wrong PIN multiple times or exceeding the maximum withdrawal limit. In this blog post, we will discuss how to unblock an SBI debit card, the reasons for a blockage, and answer some frequently asked questions.
Reasons for SBI Debit Card Block
There are several reasons why an SBI debit card may get blocked.
- Entering the wrong PIN: If you enter the wrong PIN multiple times, your debit card may get blocked for security reasons.
- Exceeding the maximum withdrawal limit: SBI has a maximum withdrawal limit per day. If you exceed this limit, your debit card may get blocked.
- Non-usage: If you have not used your SBI debit card for a long time, the bank may block it as a security measure.
- Technical issues: Sometimes, technical issues may cause your SBI debit card to get blocked.
How to Unblock SBI Debit Card?
If your SBI debit card gets blocked, don’t worry.
- Visit an SBI ATM: Go to the nearest SBI ATM and insert your blocked debit card.
- Choose the “PIN Change” option: Select the “PIN Change” option on the screen.
- Enter your old PIN: Enter your old PIN, which was used before your card was blocked.
- Set a new PIN: Set a new PIN of your choice.
- Confirm the new PIN: Re-enter the new PIN to confirm.
- Your card will be unblocked: Your SBI debit card will be unblocked once you have successfully changed the PIN.
In conclusion, if your SBI debit card gets blocked, don’t panic. Visit the nearest SBI ATM, follow the steps mentioned above, and your card will be unblocked in no time. Make sure to keep your PIN safe and avoid exceeding the withdrawal limit to prevent future blockages.
Sign up for SBI Internet Banking or SBI Mobile Banking. Select Debit Card Services from the menu. Debit Card Off (Temporary Blocking) can be selected from the drop-down menu. Select your Account Number and Card Number from the drop-down menus, then select a reason and add your remarks.
If your debit card has been disabled due to negligence or neglect, the best line of action is to contact the local bank branch. All that is required for the Bank to begin the process of unblocking the debit card is the submission of a written application together with the cardholder’s identifying papers.
Reduce your debt on your SBI Credit Card to less than your credit limit with fast payment to unlock your card. SMS AVAIL XXXX (XXXX=last four digits of your SBI Credit Card) to 5676791 to find out what your available limit is.